January 19, 2010

waiting... waiting ... waiting...

Today I woke up and feel so much better! The bloating is mostly gone and I am no longer in pain. TMI alert - I even went to the toilet this morning so I feel much more lighter!!! I am going to stick to eating proteins and drinking gatorade for the rest of the day and tomorrow. I want to be as healthy as possible for the transfer day!!
Now I've just made my usual morning call to my clinic to find out how our embryos are doing today. All is ok but the nurse said that the embryologist wants to see the embryos today before deciding whether we go ahead with a day 5 transfer. After many questions the nurse said that he was pretty confident yesterday that they will be ok for a day 5 transfer but that he wants to see them again today before deciding for sure. Of course, you know what that means: PANIC!!! What does that mean? Could they do a transfer on day 4? I have never heard of that before?? Of course I Googled it and it seems that it's done but I am not convinced that's what I am comfortable with... Anyway, I am going to hope and pray that he says that the embryos are doing fine and that they are growing and multiplying as they should, ready for a day 5 transfer! Please, please, please let this be the case!!!The nurse will call me around 6 this evening to let me know how things look and what we should be getting ready for. It's going to be a long day in my world....
You know the funny thing about all this is that I feel like I have asked for all of this "trouble". After our first cycle that's what I kept on wishing for and now it's all coming true. Our first cycle went so well, it was scary. We had no problems getting the injections done, we had more follicles than we had expected given my diminished ovarian reserve, the ER went so smoothly that I was up and running on the same day, the ET was magical. The end result was a negative. Given everything going so well for the entire cycle, had us both fooled that it would be a positive result. The reality of a negative beta was crashing and heartbreaking. It felt as if someone had taken away a piece of my heart away. So for this "lucky cycle" all I wished for was lots of ups and downs to begin with but a HAPPY ending. Well so far my wish has come true and some... so I hope and pray that the end will be the one we yearn for.....

No comments:

Post a Comment