January 20, 2010

not a good day....

I need to vent… Ok, so today I get an email from a girl who I write to but whom I have never met. She is also doing IVF at the same clinic as me and we just write each other updates and stuff like that. Today she told me that our doctor told her that they have passed a new law that says that fertility clinics cannot keep frozen embryos anymore. So all 10,000 or so embryos that are kept in clinics across the country will be destroyed. They also said that we cannot take our current embryos out of the country! I am outraged! We have 4 snowbabies and knowing that they will be destroyed kills me. And also the ones from this cycle would be destroyed instead of kept for later use. I just think it’s ridiculous and criminal!
Anyway, so that is one issue, then I tell her that the embryologist has suggested, given my history etc that we put back 3. She comes back to me telling not to do it and not to listen to the doctors and to think of the risks to me and the babies. Now I know this is because she lost her twins during the 6th month of her pregnancy but everyone is different and a miscarriage could have happened even if it was a single baby. My mom had a miscarriage at 5 months and she had not undergone IVF or anything like that, if it’s meant to be unfortunately it will be. I understand what she wanted to say but I think that we are not all the same and if my doctors believe that I am a good candidate for a 3 blasts transfer. My doctor has been very conservative in her decisions and would never take risks with my health or that of my future babies. If tomorrow she advises we transfer 3 I will trust her decision. I feel like a nervous wreck now, can’t concentrate and feel like all will go wrong and then we won’t have any snowbabies left. I hate this!!!

2 comments:

  1. You just have to do what you feel is right in your heart and don't listen to anyone else. We transfered 3 and I'm pregnant now. If your doctor feels comfortable doing it then I say go for it. Up your chances. Nothing wrong with stacking the deck in your favor girl. Just tune out the negativity. You don't need that with all the hormones racing around in your body right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post.....

    I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete