A friend of mine sent me an " Handbook for 2010" and some of those "rules" hit home. The ones that stuck with me and that I hope to bring with me in 2010 are:
- Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
- Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
- Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
- Dream more while you are awake
- Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- Each day give something good to others.
- Try to make at least three people smile each day.
- Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change...
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- The best is yet to come..
- Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
And also, slow down on the road and stop getting speeding tickets.... I promise!!! :))))