July 12, 2010

Taking this cold to the mattresses!!!!

I am once again coming down with a cold.. I swear I was fine last night and now I am all congested up. I have 4 days left of my twenties, I should be on top form not feeling like an old lady! So I have come up with a canning plan.... I have decided to take inspiration from Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail and "take this cold to the mattresses" Godfather style!!!! I shall not be sick, full of snot during the the last week of my twenties... I will Fight, Fight, Fight!!! So I sit here drinking liters of water, tea with lemon and honey and walking around to keep my energy going.. I am one determined person when I want to be!

You must think I have been obsessing over turning 30 but the fact is that until a friend mentioned if I was ready for the last week of my twenties, I had no clue my birthday was so close. I have to admit that I am really looking forward to this big surprise with friends on Thursday night and then to our mastery long weekend away!! I cannot wait for it!!! All D told me to pack was a swimsuit that fits me because "we will be away from civilisation"! How cool does that sound??? I cannot wait to see where my lovely husband is taking me! I am also super excited about Thursday but worried after D told me off last weekend for being high maintenance but thinking I am low maintenance.. which is, according to Harry from When Harry Met Sally.....the worst kind of woman:
Harry Burns: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally Albright: Which one am I?
Harry Burns:You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance but you think you're low maintenance.

D told me this because everyone has been asking him what to get me for my birthday and how no one, including him, knows what to get me because I don't spell it out! When he asked me I told him to tell people to get me vouchers for books or stores anything is fine but no specifics because I don't want people to spend a fortune on a birthday present. I said it before, I have not celebrated my birthday with friends since I was 18 so I am a little out of training here! When it comes to D's present I told him I don't want anything because he is already taking us to this amazing weekend away so that's the present and not to get me anything from Tiffany either. Basically he should not get me a present.. now that's not high maintenance to me??!?

Anyway, I am off walking around the office trying to shake this cold off... wish the cold luck ladies because I am not taking any hostages today!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really hope you feel better soon - nobody should feel bad on their birthday - especially their 30th!

    I was cracking up when you were talking about high maintenance but thinking you're low maintenance! Oh how true this is... I think many of us are like this, and if I'm honest with myself - this is totally me!!!

    I'm also excited to hear about your mystery weekend - oh what could it be????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better. Send that cold packing!

    ReplyDelete