May 24, 2010

Our daughter's face....

I write to you from cloud nine, I have been there since 9.15 am this morning and I have no intention of coming down any time soon!

As you have guessed the scan went really well. Isabella is doing really good and all looks just as it should be. The ultrasound was super high tech and the technician was so sweet and knew what she was doing. She first looked at our baby and took all the measurements that she needed to take, like her head, thigh bone, heart and even her kidneys and many more parts that we didn't even recognise. After she was done measuring and she was sure all was ok she played our daughter's heartbeat and that was great too at 150 bpm. Then all of a sudden she pressed something and from a black and white picture of Isabella we saw her face. I started crying my eyes out. She is the most beautiful , most perfect little girl I have ever seen. The technician made me move to the right, where Isabella normally is so she could getter a better look at her face. It was so quick on the screen but once she printed out the pictures, you can see her features so well. She was sucking her thumb just like I used to do as a baby and she sleeps with her hand to her head just like her daddy does. It was incredible and D and I could not stop looking at her picture. We are so in love.

After the ultrasound we went to see our midwife who guided us through the results of the blood tests I took last time as well as the u/s. My blood work came back all great but my iron is slightly low so I am now on iron tablets for a month. No big deal and to be honest I was expecting this as I suffered from mild anemia for a while before getting pregnant. All the rest looks great and my glucose levels looks great so unless they drastically change I get to avoid doing the glucose test! Happy about that as it does not sound like much fun! She went through the ultrasound results and told us all looks just as it should do and gave us facts about Isabella. She measure 20w3d, my placenta is posterior, the amniotic fluid is just right and all looks great.


It was D's first visit at the hospital so I was anxious to hear his reaction of my choice and he was super impressed. He thought the place is really well organised and uses the highest technology which he is happy about. I can breath a sight of relief. It is a bit strange as it's a government hospital so the men have to wait in special waiting rooms but they really didn't make a fuss and everyone made him feel welcomed. We go back in 4 weeks (at 24 weeks) too check all is ok and then at 32 weeks I have an appointment with my doctor (haven't met him yet) to discuss my birthing plan. That should be fun!


I feel so extremely blessed. Pregnancy has been the most amazing experience of my life so far. I still feel like I am living in one perfect dream. Life does not get better than this. Most nights I am just happy sitting on the couch feeling Isabella moving and seeing my belly button moving up and down forming waves. Knowing that it's our daughter doing this makes it incredible. When I think back about our TTC days and the days when we really thought this would never happen, I just feel extremely lucky to be experiencing all of this magic. To now be able to put a face to our daughter makes it all more real and I truly hope that the worrying about whether this is all real will cease. I am so in love.


Now here are the pictures of our beautiful Isabella Anna:

8 comments:

  1. Aw look at that sweet face!!! Being pregnant is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy those amazing pics of your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby girl! Glad your visit went so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember bursting into tears when they did the 3D on me as well...its just so amazing to see a real baby inside of you :o) I remember the belly button waves also. Your little girl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a beautiful baby girl you've got!!! I love seeing sonogram pics!

    Happy ICLW! #164

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is so incredible. She's gorgeous! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is one beautiful little girl - perfect!

    ReplyDelete